|Published||July 24, 2022|
|Location||Texas City, TX|
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL is seeking a Senior Network Engineer and this individual will be responsible for design, engineering, and operations of Local Area Campus, and Wide Area networks in a multiple data center environment. The position directly relates to providing scalable, resilient, and secure networking solutions for LPL, our Advisors and their clients.
- Design and engineer data center and local campus networking solutions
- Configuration and deployment of on-premise and cloud based networking technologies
- Wide Area network design, deployments, and administration of MPLS, DIA, and SDWAN
- Troubleshoot complex issues and identifying root cause of issues and developing continuous improvement of the platform
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Advance experience with Viptela SDWAN
- Five or more years of data center core networking support experience and configuration/troubleshooting of Cisco Switches and Routers
- Experience in configuration and Engineering Campus Wireless Networks
- Network Devices Security Hardening and Controls
- Expert knowledge of dynamic Routing Protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience using Network monitoring and logging tools such as SolarWinds, LiveNX, ELK to perform periodic Network performance and compliance analysis
- Experience in Network optimization, reporting and long-term planning
- Ability to generate and read packet captures for Wired and Wireless networks for advanced troubleshooting and traffic optimization of network traffic
- Develop Network standards in accordance with Engineering and industry best practices.
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and ability to manage multiple projects
- Hands on experience and Engineering level experience with Cisco switches such as Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000 and 2000 Switches
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies in multi-vendor environment
- Prefer a current Cisco Certified Design Professional and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification
- Experience with ACI and/or DNAC/SDA is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation's leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it's like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life's aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant's bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL's Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.