|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of PJM's network infrastructure components used to support PJM's mission critical applications along with back-office systems. The Network administrator will support multiple network systems, including routers, firewalls, switches and load balancers.
- Create a F5 BIG-IP LTM configuration/design to deliver applications in a scalable, highly available and redundant environment to meet customer specifications.
- Select and configure the most appropriate LB method based upon the application requirements and server capabilities.
- Support application delivery functions working with F5 BIG-IP GTM and LTM
- iRules creation, modification, & performance-tuning
- Perform day to day maintenance and troubleshooting of GTM and LTM infrastructure
- Support and manage an ACI based Cisco Network infrastructure. This includes detailed understanding of the Cisco Leaf-Spine architecture and supporting technologies.
- Design, install and manage Cisco and Checkpoint based firewall infrastructure components.
- Work cross-functionally with other IT professionals to debug production related issues
- Work with DevOps in the development and design of applications and implementation of load balancing strategies
Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years experience with design, deployment and maintenance of Cisco and/or F5 Big-IP Hardware and Software including routers, switches and load balancing (LTM/GTM)
- Experience deploying Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Nexus 7K/5K/2K/1000v
- Install, configure, and maintain F5 hardware, software, devices and appliances in support of customer infrastructure
- Ability to troubleshoot F5 network operational problems, device configurations, and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate F5 resolution
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)