|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||November 19, 2020|
Sr. Router Switch Engineer
Irvine, CA (Southern California- remote)
12 month CONTRACT
up to $60.00 an hour
ConsultNet, the leader in technical staffing, has an immediate opening for 1 (One) Sr. Router/ Switch Engineer for our Fortune 100 client working at multiple locations in the southern California area (remote). The successful candidate will be responsible to assist with the migration of the remaining critical applications and systems from the current Juniper SRX firewall to new Palo Alto Networks firewall infrastructure and to remove all of the identified legacy routing, switching, and security infrastructure that is no longer required in client data center.
Candidate should have solid knowledge of best current security practices, firewalls, network administration, application/web fundamentals, IP transit, routing protocols and all aspects of networking needed to support the required SLAs. Network fundamentals and firewall best practices plus troubleshooting are essential.
Candidate must possess a networking background with a good understanding of switching, network routing plus skills in managing and supporting firewalls. Candidate must have strong ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues and make recommendations for system changes, as needed, to resolve all technical issues in an efficient and timely manner. The candidate should have solid knowledge of best current security practices, firewalls, network administration, application/web fundamentals, IP transit, routing protocols and all aspects of networking needed to support the required SLAs. Network fundamentals and firewall best practices plus troubleshooting are essential.
The candidate must possess a networking background with a good understanding of switching, network routing plus skills in managing and supporting firewalls. The candidate must have strong ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues and make recommendations for system changes, as needed, to resolve all technical issues in an efficient and timely manner.
Planning and design activities will focus on the following solution components:
- Routing: Review the static and dynamic routing on the ESRs, SRX 3600, ISR, SRX 5800, DC Core, F5s, WAN Routers, and DC networking and Palo Alto vSYS1
- Firewalls: Review the policies in place on the SRX 3600, SRX 5800, and Palo Altos to ensure parity of rulesets within the context of the local firewall routing infrastructure
Implementation activities will focus on the following solution components:
- Migrate default gateway to Palo Alto Firewalls, verify L2 trunking throughout network, configure required dynamic routing protocols, validate routing, and perform route clean-up
- Configure required policies, routing configurations and policy optimization for build on the Palo Alto firewalls
- Minimum of 4-5 years' experience working with enterprise network security experience Cisco network technology, this includes routers, switches and wireless networks as required.
- Knowledge of routing and switching fundamentals and products is essential.
- Practical experience working in complex LAN/WAN environments
- Palo Alto: 4-5 years
- Network security: 4-5 years
- Firewalls: 4-5 years
- Practical experience supporting Palo Alto, Cisco Firepower/Sourcefire, and/or Cisco ASA firewalls
Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships.
- Strong understanding of the following is strongly preferred: data networking concepts, including: Campus LAN switching using Cisco CatOS m. Data center switching using Nexus and Cisco ACI, WAN routing using MPLS and E-Line transport, with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols and knowledge of tunneling protocols IPSec and GRE. Experience with F5 load balancers (LTM, ASM) and Palto Alto firewalls and knowledge of Autonomous and Lightweight Wireless concepts preferred. Ability to travel to local, regional offices to conduct installations. Cisco CCNP certification strongly preferred. PCSNA and/or PCSNE is a preferred plus.
- Must have reliable transportation
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com