|Published||October 30, 2022|
|Location||Rolling Meadows, IL|
The ideal candidate for the Sr. Solutions Architect Post-Sales position will have experience with the design, configuration and hands-on implementation of security and data center networking infrastructure. Technologies being supported include software-defined data center networking such as Cisco ACI and traditional Cisco Nexus OS architectures. Security infrastructure experience supporting edge, segmentation, SD-WAN and VPN use cases with hardware such as Fortinet, Meraki and Cisco is also desired.
* Collaborate with our customers to develop secure network architectures, meeting needs for performance, reliability and innovation.
* Design, implement and troubleshoot software-defined network (SDWAN) architectures such as Cisco ACI and traditional NX-OS architectures such as vPC, OTV, etc.
* Develop secure network architectures and designs that will allow business requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk with the appropriate security controls present.
* Lead complex technology-based discussions to explain the architecture build and deployment plans and ongoing operational use.
* Design and implement security-driven infrastructure solutions to support segmentation such as virtual NGFW, physical firewalls and cloud-native security.
* Develop standards in partnership with customer teams such as Risk and Compliance, Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
* Lead initiatives designed to share knowledge across Customer and ePlus teams.
* Collaborate with the business and other technology experts to develop defense in depth security reference architectures, security architecture standards and frameworks spanning all layers of security from host, server, and network to application and data security.
* Develop cloud native architectures and designs that will allow business requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk with the appropriate security controls present.
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
* Handle confidential matters and information professionally
* Conduct business in a professional, competent, and ethical manner
* Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
* (BS) in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, or Associate Degree
* At least one professional certification such as CCIE, CCNP or CISSP
* 10-12 years of experience with Network Architecture and/or Engineering.
* Hands-on experience with traditional Cisco NX-OS and related technologies background is a must.
* Hand-on experience with Cisco ACI is a must, including design and implementation of policy (including contracts, segmentation and PBR) as well as scripting and automation using REST APIs, Python and other automation tools.
* Hands-on experience providing networking and security infrastructure services for an internal or external customers is a must.
* Deep routing protocol experience, including BGP, EIGRP and OSPF is a must.
* Familiarity with emerging fabric technologies such as MP-BGP (EVPN) with VXLAN and Cisco Software-Defined Access is beneficial.
* Familiarity with non-Cisco data center switching solutions such as Arista is beneficial.
* 5+ years of experience with Fortinet (FortiGate, FortiSwitch, SD-WAN, FortiAnalyzer, etc.) is desirable.
* 5+ years of experience with Meraki (MX Firewall, SD-WAN, AutoVPN, Switching) is desirable.
* 5+ years of experience with NGFW OEM's (Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.) is desirable.
* Knowledge of Carrier Neutral Facilities such as Equinix and the networking options that are provided by such services is beneficial.
* Experience with Azure or AWS cloud platforms is beneficial.
* Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross functional team to implement solutions.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally.
ePlus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ePlus promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.