Technical Consulting Engineer, ACI
|Published||March 7, 2023|
GDH Consulting is looking for a Technical Consulting Engineer to work remotely.
What You'll Do
Join our group of Technical Consulting Engineers who support ACI and delve into the core of hybrid cloud. In this role you will:
- Provide third level technical support for ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) and integrated components
- Work across multiple facets within the Data Center environment including 3rdparty products to resolving product and software problems through a process of analysis and complex lab simulations
- Continually learn new technologies to grow with customer needs in an new era of network programmability and automation
- Develop and maintain relationships across functional groups as well as mentor other engineers.
- Acts as a technical expert to provide technology/product training, developing documentation and automation
- Interact across support teams, 3rdparty vendors, Sales, Professional Services, Development teams to solve customer issues and improve processes
- Lead and participate in business and innovation initiatives with a focus on automation
Who You'll Work With
Our Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Technical Consulting Engineers play a crucial role in providing world class solution support to customers/partners/account teams to solve their problems. ACI is a revolutionary technology that allows application requirements to define the network. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most innovative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills. This role will offer extensive training and development.
- An energetic team player with a passion for technology and a demonstrated ability to work with customers in a support environment
- 3 or more years of customer support experience, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, proven crisis management skills and ability to handle complex customer issues
- Experience with Virtualization (OpenStack / VMware vSphere / Microsoft Hyper V / Red Hat KVM / Linux Containers etc)
- Working knowledge of Data Center, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) and Virtualization industry, products and protocols
- Fluent level of English with great verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Cisco certification is a plus (CCIE DC / R&S / etc), but not mandatory. Other vendors qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Strong Routing & Switching (Ideally CCNP R&S level or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of ACI, Nexus Switches, UCS and HX products
- Python or other programming languages
- Experience with API's (JSON, XML ..) L4-L7- load balancing, firewalls, etc
- Knowledge of Linux. Experience with multiple distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc), and server software (Apache, open iSCSI, NFS, MySQL and/or Galera, MongoDB, etc), ansible
- Drive to automate and innovate
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members
- Other technology disciplines may be considered