|Published||November 25, 2022|
What You'll Do
CX Support Services are a group of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers resolve issues, enabling them to deploy and operate their Cisco products effectively - all while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Join our group of Technical Consulting Engineers who support ACI and delve into the core of hybrid cloud. In this role you will:
* Provide third level technical support for ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) and integrated components
* Work across multiple facets within the Data Center environment including 3rd party products to resolving product and software problems through a process of analysis and sophisticated lab simulations
* Continually learn new technologies to grow with Cisco's customer needs in an new era of "network programmability" and automation
* Develop and maintain relationships across functional groups as well as mentor other engineers.
* Acts as a technical expert to provide technology/product training, developing documentation and automation
* Interact across support teams, 3rd party vendors, Cisco Sales, Professional Services, Development teams to solve customer issues and improve processes
* Lead and participate in business and innovation initiatives with a focus on automation
Who You'll Work With
Our Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Technical Consulting Engineers play a crucial role in providing world class "solution support" to customers/partners/account teams to solve their problems. ACI is a revolutionary technology that allows application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with our portfolio of products radically simplifying and optimising the entire application deployment lifecycle. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most innovative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills. This role will offer extensive training and development.
Who You Are
* An energetic teammate with a passion for technology and a demonstrated ability to work with customers in a support environment
* 3 or more years of customer support experience, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, proven crisis management skills and ability to handle sophisticated customer issues
* Experience with Virtualization (OpenStack / VMware vSphere / Microsoft Hyper V / Red Hat KVM / Linux Containers etc)
* Practical knowledge of Data Center, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) and Virtualization industry, products and protocols
* Proficient level of English with great verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* Cisco certification is a plus (CCIE DC / R&S / etc), but not mandatory. Other vendor's qualifications and experience will be considered.
* Strong Routing & Switching (Ideally CCNP R&S level or equivalent)
* Good working knowledge of ACI, Nexus Switches, UCS and HX products
* Python or other programming languages
* Experience with API's (JSON, XML ..) L4-L7- load balancing, firewalls, etc
* Knowledge of Linux. Experience with multiple distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc), and server software (Apache, open iSCSI, NFS, MySQL and/or Galera, MongoDB, etc), ansible
* Drive to automate and innovate
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members
* Other technology disciplines may be considered
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.