|Published||November 16, 2023|
Technical Solutions Architect - Data Center Networking- Southern California Area
Offsite, Irvine, California, US
Area of Interest
207400 USD - 258200 USD
What You'll Do
As a Data Center Networking Technical Solutions Architect in our Sales Engineering team, you will be a pivotal player in driving our sales efforts to new heights.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Strategic Consultation: Understand the nuanced business requirements of our major accounts and translate them into comprehensive technical solutions. Be the bridge between customer needs, corporate strategy, and field execution.
• Technical Expertise: Articulate Cisco's cloud architectures and services to clients, offering high-level and detailed technical guidance. Present technical solutions with clarity and impact to customers, partners, and prospects.
• Leadership: Provide mentorship and support to fellow Team Specialists, Systems Engineers, and junior colleagues. Exhibit leadership qualities that resonate with senior management, peers, partners, and customers.
• Solution Development: Create, present, and document technical solutions that address customer pain points and capitalize on opportunities. Drive identified account opportunities and empower local account teams for long-term success.
• Collaboration: Participate actively as a specialist on assigned teams and Solutions Team(s), fostering cross-functional collaboration to achieve exceptional results.
• Market Presence: Demonstrate your expertise through virtual media presence and travel as needed to engage in sales activities.
Who You Are:
• Technical Guru: You possess extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Cloud, Data Center Networking, and virtualization technologies. Your expertise spans engineering to CxO level engagements.
• Networking Maestro: Your mastery of networking protocols, design, and products is evident. You're fluent in ethernet, IP, switching, routing, and advanced concepts like ACI, VXLAN, and SDN.
• Automation Aficionado: You have a grasp of APIs and automation tools like Ansible and Python, enabling you to drive orchestration strategies.
• Cloud Savvy: You're well-versed in both public and private cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and understand the intricacies of their ecosystems.
• Experience: You bring at least 8 years of relevant experience, along with a strong history of selling data center and virtualization solutions. Cisco experience is a must, with CCIE certification being highly desirable.
• Communication Pro: Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional, allowing you to convey complex technical concepts with clarity. Your negotiation and presentation abilities are second to none.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
Sign up to receive notifications of similar jobs