|Published||November 24, 2022|
UT Southwestern is looking to hire a Technology Architect in their IR Telecom and Network Infrastructure department. This position is responsible for leading the design, development, and implementation of networking and communications infrastructure systems. The Technology Architect will partner with business, functional, and Information Resources leaders across the organization to deliver quality projects that provide long-term value to our clients.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, telecommunications, or related field, and ten (10) years progressively responsible experience involving complex network/telecommunications systems and/or network engineering and design. Prior experience leading mid- to large-scale information systems implementation projects strongly preferred. Strong ACI/SDN expertise is sought. Any Cisco CCIE certification is a plus. CCNP, CCDP and any other relevant certs are a plus. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. Strong technical expertise with any of the following: Cisco Security, Cisco Wireless/mobility, Cisco Data Center, Cisco Collaboration/UC. Strong experience in Cloud-based architecture and deployments to include MS Azure Cloud. Network Security management. Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Serves in a lead role in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of highly complex, Integrated Communications Technology (ICT) systems.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and communicate long term vision and comprehensive strategic plans for infrastructure and enterprise architecture solutions.
- Define principles/standards for infrastructure and/or enterprise architecture.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Networking, Data Center, Cloud, Automation, AI, UCC and Hybrid solutions design and engineering.
- Develops and fosters business relationships with strategic original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) and other Key Partners.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Develops and articulates the vision and direction of technology, and directs the implementation of the resulting technical hardware and software systems for a particular business area.
- Develops and coordinates strategy, research and development of advanced technology systems and development projects, and builds the business case or justification for such activity.
- Acts as senior consultant and mentor to Information Resources (IR) and Network Engineers, Technicians, Developers, Analysts or Administrators, providing advice and in-depth consultation on complex systems analysis and design requiring advanced techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates feasibility studies, and prepares recommendations based on in-depth knowledge of problems and capabilities of potential approaches.
- Develops and conducts training in systems conceptualization, engineering, analysis, design, implementation and operations.
- May provide supervision to project-related staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.