Telephony Engineer II – Cisco CUCM / UCCX
|Published||March 2, 2023|
Telephony Engineer II - Cisco CUCM / UCCX - INF001830
The Telephony Engineer II - Cisco CUCM / UCCX here at UScellular is responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting Telephony related technologies including IP Telephony platforms, Gateways, Session Border Controllers, and VoIP Networking Infrastructure. Provide subject matter expertise around the specific telephony technologies. Provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects and act as the primary vendor interface and tier-three support for telephony technologies provided and supported by vendors. Troubleshoot and resolve operational outage and it pertains to Telephony in our production environment.
This role can be performed remotely in a work from home arrangement within the continental United States. There is an expectation the role may need to come to a business office, typically Tulsa, Knoxville, or Chicago, as many as 6 times a year, with typically two weeks' notice for various department meetings.
- Provide planning, design, development, and implementation of Telephony related infrastructure technologies including Networking Architecture, Databases, PSTN gateways, with emphasis on Cisco CUCM / UCCX IP Telephony platforms, and Oracle Session Border Controller platforms.
- Provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects, as well as act as primary vendor interface and tier-three support for applications and technologies provided and supported by vendors.
- Identify and lead changes needed in the infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Lead project management oversight for infrastructure implementation projects.
- Implement technology and infrastructure changes for platforms, performance, and scoring.
- Analyze system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for infrastructure-related issues / crisis resolution.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical decision-making skills
- Influence change in the environment by identifying and driving both technical improvements, as well as display influence in peer development/mentoring
- Lead initiatives from beginning to end, with successful project management and positive results that achieve defined goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 7+ years of experience within telephony technologies space
- Thorough understanding of QOS with emphasis on VoIP, SIP, and TCP/IP networking
- Strong level of knowledge of LAN/WAN and firewall policies
- Strong knowledge of CTI desktop integration and Quality Monitoring tools
- Current technical experience and expertise relevant to VoIP infrastructure, including telephony capacity metrics, SIP and CTI messaging, and vendor support
Relevant Technical Skills
The Telephony Engineer II is NOT expected to know all of these skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that a Telephony Engineer II may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- VoIP networking architecture and troubleshooting
- Cisco CUCM / UCCX / CUC advanced administration and maintenance
- Cisco ACI Network Routing - Basic administration and maintenance
- Oracle (Acme Packet) - Session Border Controllers advanced administration and maintenance
- SIP messaging and RTP packet tracking - advanced administration
- Genesys Framework Integration - Basic administration
- E911 routing technologies - Including RedSky
Familiarity with these other technologies:
- Hardware: UNIX Servers, Wintel Servers, virtualized servers
- O/S & Network: HP/UX, Windows Server 2003, Citrix, TCP/IP, Telecom Trunking, Routers, Switches
- Security: Firewalls, IAM, LDAP
Salary Range $81500 - $133167 / yearly. Open to exceeding if needed.
JOB : Information Technology
COMPENSATION : Salary Range $81500 - $133167 / yearly.
LOCATION(S) : CHICAGO_IL
UScellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.