|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2020|
The Voice/IP Telephony Engineer is responsible for resolving incidents and assigned service requests. They must work in collaboration with vendors and partners to identify and rectify issues and implement solutions that provide tactical and long-term solutions. Engineers must also play an active role in reviewing working environments and providing suggestions on how a configuration can be standardized. Voice/IP Telephony Engineers are further responsible for understanding how processes can be improved.
Voice/IP Telephony Engineers should be well-versed with Cisco Unified Communication Manager provisioning. They also must be able to enable specific features and services and install Cisco Unity Connection Administration.
What you’ll do…
- Be responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying voice/IP telephony systems
- Design and support global scale collaboration solutions
- Preventative Maintenance (Software/Hardware/Firmware upgrades)
- Security updates
- Performance upgrades
- Interoperability of equipment
- Advanced Diagnostics (Tier 3 Technical Support)
- Voice Communications (i.e. Integration between hardware & software)
- Incident Management (Break/fix)
- Determine best means to get system back up and running to original specifications
- Organize staff required to fix the system if required
- RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) – Coordinate the repair of failed equip.
- Order replacement product (if consumable) or notify site lead of equipment failure
- Advanced planning for evolving Unified Communications Technologies
- Engineering and design services for next evolution of voice equipment to support customer’s evolving mission
You’d be a great fit if you have…
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
- Cisco Voice platforms, Unity, VOIP gateway, SIP, PRIs, Dialing plans, and Cisco Unified Boundary Element (CUBE)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trunking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP
- Signaling Protocols – ISDN, CAS, Analogue, T1/E1 PRI and E and M
- Troubleshoot and configuring Cisco Unity Connection features, subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules
- Network Monitoring/Management software
- Skilled in using Visio and other network documentation software.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience implementing/supporting Cisco ACI
Years of experience requirement is based on your highest level of education completed. Outlined below:
- DoD 8570 Level 2 IAT or equivalent (Security+ CE)
- HS/GED -- 12 years of experience
- Associates -- 10 years of experience
- Bachelors -- 8 years of experience
- Masters -- 6 years of experience
- PhD – 4 years
It’d be even better if you possess:
- Other Cisco Certifications preferred (CCDP, CCVP, CSSIP); CCNP or CCIE a strong plus
This position requires the candidate to have a current TS/SCI security clearance and be able to maintain the clearance.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.