Cheri ShaineData Privacy and Security Compliance
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), and Certified Information Security Specialist (CISSP), anticipated in December 2018. Eleven (11) years experience as Privacy/Security Counsel and as Regulatory Counsel.
• Privacy and Security Counselor: Manage strategy, design, implementation, management of Data Privacy Program in accordance with state, federal, int'l laws.
- Develop and administer Privacy Impact Assessments
- Implement privacy-by-design across enterprises
- Develop and present enterprise privacy training
- Develop GDPR Program
- Key stakeholder in Data Breach Response Plan
- Collaborate with Info Sec, Data Governance, and Enterprise Risk
- Draft/review related policies, standards, procedures and contracts across disciplines
• Regulatory Affairs: Primary liaison with state and federal regulators, provide legal advice and risk assessment on regulatory issues across multiple disciplines.
- Oversee regulatory exams (CFPB and HITRUST) and relevant internal audits
- Respond to regulatory inquiries, including CFPB state AGs FTC and FCC
- Advise sr. management and business on regulatory impact/risks, including as related to product development
- Subject matter expertise in HIPAA GDPR, FCRA, GLBA, NIST, GDPR, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and state data privacy & consumer protection laws. Working knowledge of UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, PCI-DSS, other payment/financial authorities
WRIGHT, FINLAY & ZAK - Senior Associate 2017-
Practice corporate defense primarily for financial institutions with subject matter concentration in state and federal corporate compliance; risk management; compliance, and privacy and data protection. Litigate in all courts (including 9th Circuit), manage litigation budget, initial and monthly evaluations to the stakeholder and oversee support staff. Subject matter expertise in FCRA, GDPR, HIPAA and state data privacy & consumer protection laws.
Working knowledge of FILA TCPA, UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, PCI-DSS, other payment/financial authorities.
MURCHISON & CUMMING - Senior Associate 2016 - 2017
Practice in corporate defense to include complex corporate transactions, response to state and federal inquiries, HIPAA compliance, and privacy and data protection. Litigate in all Nevada courts and Ninth Circuit, prepare litigation budget and monthly reports to the stakeholder. Manage support staff.
SHAINE LAW GROUP – Managing Partner 2013 - 2016
Corporate defense with concentration in strategy, design, implementation, management of data privacy programs in accordance with state, federal, int'l laws. Develop, administer and audit privacy impact assessments. Implement and present corporate privacy training. Prepare and audit key stakeholder in data breach response plan. Prepare third party vendor agreements for bioscience and blockchain entities. Primary liaison with state and federal regulators, provide legal advice and risk assessment on regulatory issues. Advise senior management and business on regulatory impact/risks, including as related to product development.
ADELSON, TESTAN, BRUNDO, Managing Attorney for State of Nevada 2009 - 2013
Represent and collaborate with corporate executive and senior management including CEO, CFO, IT, risk management, and human resources on a national basis. Draft/review policies, standards, procedures and contracts across disciplines. Strategy, defense, settlement and e-discovery on all matters. Management of attorneys and support staff. Lead Litigation Attorney: Responsibility for all aspects of litigation.
THARPE AND HOWELL – Associate Attorney 2007 – 20009
Represent entities in all stages of litigation. Prepare and train risk management policies and procedures. Maintain litigation budgets and monthly status reports to the stakeholder. Subject matter expertise in GDPR, HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, and state data privacy & consumer protection laws.
Working knowledge of FILA, UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, PCI-DSS, other payment/financial authorities.
WELLS FARGO NATIONAL BANK, V. P. Private Client Services 1996 - 2000
Select, evaluate, manage outside counsel. Manage litigation budget. Strategy, defense, settlement and e-discovery on all matters. Oversee high volume all subpoena responses, including law enforcement and gov't agencies. Manage all support staff.
NOS COMMUNICATIONS, In-House Counsel Department 1994 - 1996
Responsible for resolution of FCC Complaints, FTC Inquiries, Attorney General Inquires and State Public Utility Complaints for the parent and subsidiary companies on a national basis. Strategy, defense, settlement and e-discovery on all matters.
Virginia Commonwealth University – B.S. 1988
Mississippi College School of Law – J.D. 1991
University of Denver – LL.M. Taxation / Accounting 1993
|Last Resume Update||November 14, 2018|
|Address||San Diego, CA|