Looking for an exceptional opportunity in which to use my customer focused sales, business and technical skills to design and deliver quality Data Network solutions in support of business goals. I have been a Cisco Expert in routing and switching, held an active CCIE (r/s) for more than 16 years with an extensive Data Center and large complex Enterprise experience in a multinational and multilingual setting. Also certified in ACI.
IPCOM Inc. – Chicago, IL October 2010 – Present
* ACI 25 DC Deployments: (June 2015 - Present) As an ACI Architect, designed and deployed Data Center Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure ACI and Nexus 9k platforms.
o Developed and performed migration from traditional data center network designs to Cisco ACI in Network and Application Centric.
o Built simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
o Integrated services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments to include Application Delivery Controllers and Firewalls.
o Designed, configured and migrated a large ACI DC with 88 LEAFs using the latest EX and FX hardware for the one of the top 5 drug companies in the USA using 1.X, 2.X, 3.X and 4.X APIC software.
o Designed the ACI Data Center for the leading Global Electronics, Insurance and HealthCare Companies in the USA using 93XXX in a dual DC with Mainframes in a Multi-Pod and Multi-Site ACI topology.
o Created Low Level Design, High Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan documents in accordance with customer standards.
o Designed / Architecture and implementation of solutions involving Cisco R/S, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ASR, WAN, ACI and the Nexus switches.
o Planned and executed highly complex network upgrades, migration and troubleshooting activities using Cisco Data Broker 3.x., ANUE and ExtraHop tools.
o Used Scripting tools such as Postman, XML and JSON to complement the configuration of the fabric.
o Deployed and tested fabric QoS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP and SYSLOG as well as TACACS+ in the ACI environment.
o Assisted with deployment and strategy of tools, Out of Band Networks, related Network Management Systems and Day 2 tools to monitor network performance and to troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
* United Airlines: As a Data Center Engineering resource designed and implemented simplification Road-Maps of large heterogeneous environments as a result of the Continental Airlines merger in 5 Data Centers
o Remediated legacy Data Center environments with newer technologies using ASRs as well as configuration on Nexus 7xxx/5xxx/2xxx with Fabricpath, eVPC and vPC.
o Experienced working in fast paced engineering Data Center environments with sensitive zero-downtime systems due to Airline business.
o Part of a select team that collaborated with the Architecture group in order to come up with new global Network standards
o Trained Network Operation teams on new technologies and ways to troubleshoot them.
o Served as lead for the “Airport Network Team” to approve new designs proposals and also proposed new Airport Standards.
o Mentored junior engineers and reviewed and approved their Designs.
o The only Engineering resource dedicated to design, document, configure and implement Global ACD - United’s Reservation Centers’ Network running new centralized Cisco’s Unified Contact Center Enterprise UCCE 9.5.
o Developed unique Networking solution for CUSP and VXML/TDM Gateway communication to solve the shortcomings of the Cisco Application for dual connected (HA) designs for UCCE. As a result of my solution, the Reservation Centers will not experience dropped calls in the event of an edge Network failure saving thousands of dollars.
o Calibrated, tested and re-configured UCCE solution for CUBEs in a HA design for United’s Reservation Centers around the world, using ASR, ISR, vPC and Nexus 5K
o Designed solution around UAL’s Cisco IPICS for Air Emergency Teams
* WIPRO: As a Global Network Architect provided leadership role in technical designs to local teams, Data Centers as well as Offshore teams for the Hospira account
o Designed with the customer the current WAN Failover Architecture with MPLS and DMVPN with dual Data Centers.
o Designed and troubleshot the 2x Data Centers with Nexus 7xxx/5xxx/3xxx/2xxx/1xxx.
o Created ISO certified LAN standards and Drawing templates required by the customer
o Architected the Dial Plan for Global Cisco IPT Solution and assisted in the overall IPT solution
o Reviewed and provided solutions for Low Level Design for asset refresh around the world
o Deployed new WAN failover Solution globally and designed interim failover solutions with multi-ISP MPLS migrations
o Provided extensive mentorship and crafted training materials for asynchronous learning to address learning gaps for the teams.
* NORTHERN TRUST: As one of the lead Architects in their multiple carrier Global MPLS networks, designed and troubleshot networks locally in Data Centers in Naperville NPC and Rochelle, IL WPC using Cisco Nexus 7010 and 7018 with 5k/2k
o Provided advanced technical Voice, Data and Data Center architecture on customer premises and performed hardware refresh involving Nexus 7xxx, 5xxx, 2xxx in Data Centers
o In charge of redesigning and architecting NT’s India Bangalore’s Data Centers to support Data and Voice and migration from EIGRP to BGP with dual ISP MPLS failover and SMARTNet strategies
* DELL: As head Consulting Sales Engineer for Data Center Networking for Midwest and Northeast areas engaged all clients in order to position Cisco, Dell, Cisco, Juniper, Force10, Brocade and Aruba solutions in the Data Center environments with IP and FC designs for a converged DC network including SAN.
* SIEMENS ENTERPRISE COMMUNICATION: As one of the lead IP Engineers provided leadership design and sales training of SIP Voice based Solutions based on OpenScape SIP switch.
o Developed IP Networking guidelines in order to assure proper infrastructure for SIP communications
o Performed Lead Engineering role at United Airlines and STEPAN
o Build Models, quantified and articulated to CXO’s costs/benefits of investments and TCO/ROI
Orange Business Services – Chicago, IL September 2003 – October 2010
* Technical Architect for Customer Premise outsourced Global LAN/WAN/Voice for Universal Music Group
* In charge of designing a fully outsourced DATA, WIFI, Internet, Web Hosting and AVAYA VOICE solution for 145 of UMG offices around the world
* Engaged and partner with clients to jointly develop their IT Strategy and Infrastructure Architecture
* Recognized and assessed client key business drivers and challenges
* Developed and cultivated Senior Client relationships
* Led development of integrated solutions to address clients’ business challenges
* Quantified and articulated costs/benefits of investments in strategic IT solutions
* Developed level of credibility to position Equant to collaborate on client Business Cases. Developed TCO, and risk assessment documentation, which supports solution investment and quantifies bottom-line ROI
* Strong understanding of all current technologies and good understanding of emerging technologies. Focus on technology and how to use it
* Provided leadership, mentoring and direction on projects for maximum customer/business impact
* Interfaced with all levels of the PS team, support, infrastructure, development, engineering, sales teams
* Partnered and mentored in all areas of the company
* Responsible for the support and delivery of Professional Services to Equant's major accounts such as Wrigley, Tellabs, Abbott, Whirlpool, and McDonalds
* Performed architectural design, integration and analysis for most complex, cross-functional network designs
Florida International University – Miami, FL
MIS / Computer Science (GPA 3.5)
Florida International University – Miami, FL
Finance, BBA (GPA 3.7, Honors)
* Beta Gamma Sigma member
Membership and Interests:
* Cisco Consultant Program, IEEE Computer Society, CMG, Shin-Kyokushin Karate Instructor, Cycling, Swimming
* Fluent in Spanish, Basic Japanese and Italian
email@example.com – m. 305-482-3297 Page 1 of 3
|Last Resume Update||October 30, 2019|
|Address||San Jose, Costa Rica|